Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question regarding hosting rules

2 posters

Go down

Question regarding hosting rules Empty Question regarding hosting rules

Post  Xeiji Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:23 am

Hi Armandoh/Seven Manga,

I'm a staff member of the mangaviewer website MangaFox. A member of our community wished to upload your scanlations. I could not locate/find any hosting rules on your site and that's why I'm contacting you via this thread.

Would you allow MangaFox to host your scanlations? If not, then I can add you to the list of scanlators we are not allowed to host, or you can request it yourself at: http://forums.mangafox.com/showthread.php?t=41550

Thanks in advance,

Xeiji

Xeiji
Leecher
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Question regarding hosting rules Empty Re: Question regarding hosting rules

Post  armandoh Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:36 am

Yeah you can ^_^ About the hosting rules, the site is still under construction and theres a lot of things to do yet but dont worry I allow it. tbh i dont see reason why not tongue Well anyway go to see what can i do with the host rules XD

EDIT: I think I found the reason. A guy in the imangascans forums said this:

By the way, (this probably doesn't go here, but still) does anyone feel like not having this series hosted on mangafox, pure because of the fact that they put this insanely annoying "this image is hosted on Mangafox" at the bottom of each picture? It feels like crediting their website is more important to them than crediting the scanlators, or the author of the manga for that matter.

It just feels really insulting to me.

Mind you, if none of you have a problem with this, then I suppose I'll budge, but this whole "we'll post licenced manga 'cause we don't care and we'll even put crap underneath each picture showing our awesomeness" angers me.

I read on their forums that scanlation groups can post rules for the posting of their works. (like, a delay in release time on the website of the scanlator, and on mangafox, for example). We can always ask for either a delay, that they someone get rid of the annoying text at the bottom of each page, or that they just not host anymore.

I wonder what others think of this...
armandoh
armandoh
Admin
Admin

https://sevenmanga.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeiji Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Can you link me the thread were they posted it?

The only watermarking that we currently have is a textfield added below each image where we explain it's not ours and that we had nothing to do with it's creation.
This image is hosted at mangafox.com, we take no credit for the creation or editing of this image.
All credit goes to the appropriate parties involved in creating or editing of this image.
You can see an example here.
I've seen other watermarkings on older uploaded images, but they don't use that watermark any more to my knowledge. Furthermore, there is an option to "Not watermark" a series. I'm fairly certain it involves the text I put in quote tags, as there is no other watermarking present. Never tested it though as I've never heard of someone being bothered with it.

Also the quoted person seems have the impression we're some big company that's ripping off poor scanlators because we're hosting their work. It's not true as we're also fans serving fans, the website is privately owned, paid solely by ads and the staff is 'employed' on voluntary base (e.g. no money for me).

If you don't want us to host your scanlations when it's licensed it's fine, adding delays or link backs are fine too. But what we don't get is some scanlators say no to us and yes to other mangaviewers.
If you want me to try and test if I can remove the watermarkings we currently use then I will and show you the result. You can decide what you are going to do with that information afterwards.

Xeiji

Xeiji
Leecher
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  armandoh Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 pm

well i guess this would be a mangafox issue right? the comment was posted here
armandoh
armandoh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeiji Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Too bad I can't read it :\
Now you heard both sides of the story...

If watermarkings are the only problem I can try to remove them if that is what you want.

Xeiji
Leecher
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  armandoh Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm

Xeiji wrote:Too bad I can't read it :\
Now you heard both sides of the story...

If watermarkings are the only problem I can try to remove them if that is what you want.

watermaking is the text below right? its not a big deal so i dont really care do whatever you want with it but its ok with me. thats it if im dont getting it wrong of course.
armandoh
armandoh
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeiji Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:37 pm

I've added Jio to Ogon to Kinjirareta Mahou to the directory. You can view it here.
The member that requested to upload the chapter should hopefully do that within a day, then you decide what to do with my request (I'm getting mails for every response in this thread).

Xeiji

Xeiji
Leecher
Leecher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down